Current opportunities at SU Tas
Office & Field Staff
Support Administrator – Scripture Union Australia (Hobart based)
Scripture Union Australia (SUA) is an interdenominational Christian movement committed to providing Australian children, young people and families with opportunities to experience the transforming love of Jesus and to pursue a lifelong journey of discipleship.
SUA invites applications for a Support Administrator, 4 days per week, based in our Hobart office.
The Support Administrator will provide administration services to Tasmania and other areas within the SUA Southern Zone, including Victoria, South Australia and the ACT. Your primary responsibilities include:
- Being the first point of contact for Southern Zone personnel including Chaplains, volunteers, supporters, local support committees and boards, schools and churches
- Supporting event directors with local ministry events, including systems support
- Providing support to school chaplaincy committees, boards and managers with budget and financial management enquiries
- Supporting other activities including training events, induction programs, fundraising events and donations processing.
- Provide administration support to volunteers, camping and outreach programs and local fundraising and training events in Tasmania.
To be successful in this role, you will be highly experienced in providing logistical and administrative support in a large organisation that is geographically dispersed. Your time management skills and excellent attention to detail will ensure your success in this role. And, of course, your customer service skills are among the very best!
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 12 months experience in an administrative role
- High level systems skills, preferably with a CRM platform and an online recruitment portal
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Excellent customer service skills in a professional environment
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office programs
The role description can be downloaded here. Please note that this description is relevant for other admin roles in Melbourne and Brisbane. Location in Hobart is essential for this particular position.
In order to be considered for this role, please complete your application including the following:
- Cover Letter– Clearly outlining how you meet the requirements as listed above for our ‘ideal candidate’, including knowledge or experience of SU. No more than two pages in total.
- Current CV
You can apply using the button below (external link to SU Australia’s external job application website).
The closing date for this position is Monday 26 July 2021. For all general enquiries please contact People Services on 1300 478 753.
SU Tas from time to time has vacancies available as a school chaplain. Click here to view our chaplaincy vacancies and application information.