Become an SU Tas Chaplain!
Working as a chaplain can be a challenging, but rewarding position. A chaplain’s primary role is to provide proactive support and pastoral care for students, as well as their families and school staff members where required. Your aim is to create a positive and safe school environment, looking out for those in need.
CURRENT VACANCIES AS FOLLOWS:
- Edith Creek PS – 12 hours
For enquiries or to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or download an application pack below.
Potential applicants for chaplaincy positions should:
- accept, respect and relate to all members of diverse school communities in accordance with the school chaplaincy guidelines established by the Tasmanian Department of Education
- have appropriate qualifications (at least a Cert IV in Youth Work, Pastoral Care or higher)
- be experienced & confident in working with young people
- be actively involved in a Christian community.
For more information, please contact SU Tasmania for a confidential discussion, or you can download our application pack here, and return the completed documents, along with your CV and Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria to email@example.com
If you’re not yet qualified but interested in gaining relevant qualifications, here are some helpful links:
- SU Qld: https://training.suqld.org.au/
- TAFE: https://www.tafecourses.com.au/course-listing/certificate-iv-in-youth-work-grow-training-group/